Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Resilency of Plants

I'm thankful for it.

While I was away recently, I left my garden to my wife. Her hands were full with many things, so I didn't expect her to attend to my garden the way I would.

I have been home for a little over a week now and it is great to see my plants recovering from the neglect. New growth and lush green from the same pot that was wilted just days ago.

I saw my entire garden recover from a destructive hail storm this season. I was more distraught that the plants I had nurtured were stripped, than I was that my car was peppered with dents.

But, the resilency of plants have taught me a lot about God.

It reminds me that God has designed it that way to remind me that dry spells are not a final judgment. He brings streams in the desert. He can make a dry place into an oasis. He can transform hurt into healing.

May it be so, in and through my life.

No comments: