Saturday, January 3, 2009

River Rink

Tonight, I took the youth group to the River Rink. We went last week too, but only a few of the students were present for both times. Young people are so busy nowadays (even during a school break) that it is difficult to organize and carry out events that will consistently have wide spread appeal.

As a youth pastor, usually I am content to have teachable moments sprinkled into an event, no matter the attendance. But, from time to time, I feel somewhat discouraged that more youth are not more consistent. Some of these guys I hardly talk to, much less have opportunity to invest in them... I try to do what I can, but I can only do so much.

So, I have to take what I can get and make the most of the opportunities. I guess the thing that I have learned is that you never know when there will be an opportunity for a seed to be planted, or watered, or pruned, or harvested. I just have to keep my eyes open and my heart tuned to the Father, so that I can be faithful. Even if my charges are not always in front of me, I can trust He is working in them. I can only do my part. So Lord, help me to do my part well and trust you with the rest.

No comments: