Monday, January 12, 2009

Growing Up

I have been working on my office the past week. It is nearly complete in it's renovation and I find it interesting that folks have such differing opinions of the changes I have made -- it has gone from "college dorm room" to "eclectic professional" office. No matter what people say, I am very happy with the changes because they reflect a inward course shift for me.

I want to be more intentional this coming year in following Jesus. I would like to see my "issues" interfere less in accomplishing goals. And rather than sit back and wallow in frustration at the circumstances around me, I will take action and order my world so that I can flourish. There are too many important things at stake. So I will act. And where my hands are tied, I will turn to a different situation and use my feet.

Not too long ago I turned 33 years old. Being married and having a son with another child on the way has helped me to realize that I am a full-fledged adult. I need to make the most of each day. I don't want to get bogged down by the things I used to let distract me. So I am feeling good. Embracing my blossoming maturity. I want to make a difference. So I will let God make a difference in me.

No comments: