Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Power of Perspective

This morning I am hopeful.  Beside it being a beautiful May morning and all around everything seeming at peace, there is an awareness developing inside me. 

Primarily it is an increased understanding of a shift in my understanding about some key relationships in my life.  It is almost as though I have new eyes and can see what I couldn't see before.  I recognize the part I have to play (my responsibility) in growing those relationships and I am energized to affect some changes to the way I relate.  It is exciting to me because it seems as though a new day has dawned.  I sense God guiding me into a new realm of partnering with Him.  I am reminded of His faithfulness in answering some of my earnest prayers and overcoming some of my "issues".  I sense the Holy Spirit, like never before in my life, guiding me into truth.

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." John 16:13

Also, I am compelled to explain that the hope I feel is a derivative of the qualitative improvement in my personal time with God.  In His grace He has led me to seek Him in ways that, recently, I have not sought Him.  Despite the weakness in my life, of which I have become more keenly aware, I perceive a strength that He is building up in me.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

I realize I am writing in generalities in this post, but here is the take-away:
There are times in life when we are desperately looking for the circumstances around us to change, but we fail to recognize the change should begin within us.  We have an invaluable asset in the Holy Spirit who wants to lead us into all truth.  It may not be our preferred journey towards transformation, but when it is all complete we are closer to God and we have hope in a situation that before left us feeling hopeless.

Ah, the power of perspective.

No comments: